Saturday, October 29, 2011

How it went :)

Hey all!

Thought I'd leave some notes on how my audition went yesterday morning. :)
Well the audition was for the role of Dorothy or just and onstage character for the Wizard of Oz (of course) and yah I was watching the movie all week - especially the scene I need to rehearse as part of the audition. I asked sooo many people to pray for me! :) and thank you to everyone who did! I know it would have calmed me! And it really touches me!! You guys are all amazing!

I didn't faint (which is good news lol) but I was very nervous still of course! My heart was pumping so loudly I really thought others could hear it (ha ha) but yah I did the script first in front of them - there were five people watching me - the Director, Vocal, Director, Choreographer, Musical Director and Assistant musical director, then another lady who helped with script (played the other people in the scene) - which after I did the script the director thanked me for doing the accent so that was bonus! Then I sung my song and it wasn't as good as usual because I was sooo nervous - the director wanted me to stand still the second time and just sing it again and really feel it (she asked whether I knew where it was from and the circumstances in which it was sung and I had researched it all so I did) so I sung it again and I was better the second time because I had calmed myself and slowed my heart (well God had) and yah :) then I did scales with the Vocal director and then walked out and waited for the dancing part. Oh boy it was hard! I am playing it over and over in mind now and I can see it but its hard to do it - its skipping and jumping, well... parts of it weren't hard but the first part was...I hope I did well :)

Yah so I've decided to thank God for giving me the part now - I had been praying so hard for it but now I feel as if I should thank him, and show faith in his will for me and trust him for the best. So thank him for everything and anything :) because if he decides not to give me the part its for the best but at least I still trusted him for anything yah know? It's a really good lesson :)

So not only was the audition a really good experience and I had fun! :) it's a good lesson in trusting as well :) having faith in our wonderful and loving God.

Love Me xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment