Monday, November 7, 2011

More news!

Hey all!!

Guess what?? I had a call back for Dorothy!! Yah!!

I had the day off work yesterday and I had been up and about but then I got really tired around 9 something in the morning and fell asleep and woke up to my mobile buzzing and going off - I didn't know what it was at first - but yah I answered it and the lady said she was just letting me know I had a call back but to put my panic button on as the call back was that night. Whoa!! So I printed the new pieces of script she emailed me and their version of Over the Rainbow (which is a bit lower than I have previously learnt but anyway) and yah went there and there were two other girl's going for Dorothy again. I had such fun! I relaxed - thanks again to God - and sung, and although I made a mistake I was just mature about it and asked if I could do it again. And then she would suggest different ways of singing a section and I would sing it again for her.

And then I did the script and she liked parts of it and then told me to make some parts full of even more emotion. She was really nice and funny the director as she explained what she wanted from me. Made the rest of the board laugh :) and yah then us girls went back in when all the guys who were auditioning for the Tinman, Scarecrow, and the Lion were in. There were 12 guys and only us 3 short girls...the director divided them in groups of 3 and then told us to stand with the groups. I got to be with two groups as of course there was an extra group of guys, which was awesome because I got to do everything twice, we had to sing 'We're off to see the Wizard' and do a bit of the script when the 3 rescue Dorothy from the room with the sand glass.

The Vocal director was like 'Come on girls we need you to really sing loud to out do the guys - come on girl power!' so I sung loudly!! Hee hee!! :) we had lots of laughs and I really, really enjoyed it all.

So yah I will write back when I know the news on how I went :)

Love Me xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats Bria! I'm sure you did well! :) It'll be so exciting to hear the results!

    ~Bri

    p.s. new blog address: http://diamondsandpearls98.blogspot.com/ just if you didn't know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, is that for the empire theatre? cause my friend victoria from art class was telling me something about auditioning for the wizard of oz in the empire theatre group, and she had to sing 'somewhere over the rainbow'. just wonderin'.
    hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete