Sunday, July 17, 2011

Learning moods...

Hello,

Was looking on-line and this was the verse of the day on the Bible Gateway website:-

"I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws." Psalm 119:7 NIV

And it really stuck with me as I have been in a strange 'learning mood' of late. I feel so...well...little I suppose. The urge to learn all I can while I can.
And I am doing my Cert IV in Small Business Management and so I am learning...but its a different learning. In my eyes there are so many different ways of learning depending on different moods ;)
With Cert IV, when I study my modules (which might I add I have been doing like crazy these past two weeks as I must complete it by the 26th and then dear readers I am finished! Yah!) but anyway when I study them I'm in the mood of 'put on your corporate glasses and slip on the heels!' and 'work, work, work!' kinda like...'lets get everything ticked off the list'
...weird I know...I pity my sister lol!

But I really feel the urge to learn from God, the bible, and I know he achieves this in different ways. And that is a eager mood, but yet one of peace as well. Excitement!
I realised the other day on the way home from work I was inwardly freaking out at being so unwise...I thought 'I need to educate myself' and in some ways yes (in regards to what I was thinking of) but I was forgetting to pray for God to open my mind and help me learn. To give me wisdom. How silly is that!
No wonder my road was going no where!

So I have been praying for God to give me a keen mind, and a humble attitude. I have years of learning ahead and I need patiences as well. But as the verse says I will also be praising God every hour (every time I even think about it! Which might be closer to every minute!) as I learn from him.

But I do have to be careful I don't jump into an independent mood...I - ahem...confess...I do sometimes (not independent of God - independent of humans - once again, weird I know!) I really feel like standing up myself. Perhaps it comes from being the second youngest in my family. I really feel like standing on my own and breathing on my own! (Hello long walks!) But I don't reckon this is good, as my good friend told me once. "I think you're going to have to learn how to be less independent..." Yah...I know...I am trying :)

Well...I guess this blog has been one of interesting points, realisation, and confessions...but once again it is a glimpse into a normal life. And I reckon everyone needs that other than reading the romantic fantasy of a book girl's life (not that that's all we have!) I have started writing all my own stories because I cannot stand sooo many books that are out there. They are unrealistic and oh my goodness do not get me started! Phew...lets stop there!
I shall end by counting all the good authors I know off that really write decent, and realistic and inspiring books.
Francine Rivers, Jane Austen, Louise May Alcott, Elizabeth Gaskell...hmm I am sure there a more modern ones but I cannot think of them right now...

So 'till next time!

Love 'Miss Old Fashioned' ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment