Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gardening Inspiration

Well I have looked long and hard and as yet can still not find a photo of a garden I weeded today, I wanted a photo of what it looked like before I began and then mostly weeded, completely cleared, with new plants, and then when the plants have all bloomed! (Over a process of time) but I cannot find a photo to begin with yet... :(

But I will go ahead and explain anyway! I've picked this section of our garden to 'attack' and started today! I am in the 'gardening mood' yes strange as it sounds. I have a few books on beautiful gardens. 'A year in my garden' is a book I am going through at the moment. And it's pictures inspired me to tackle our own dry garden.
The gardens around here are in 'great need of an English touch up' ;)

In Tasmania we had an English garden with roses, lavender, snap dragons, lupins, daisies, rhododendrons, pansies, lobelia's etc. Up here due to the drought we came to a dry garden with a kind of 'cactus look' to it. Poor Mumsie...

Due to the fact we didn't think we'd be here very long we didn't do much with all the gardens (some we quickly got into) but we've been here five years now and I am really dying to see flowers in the garden again when spring and summer arrive! Its funny...when ever I see vases of flowers around the house (because believe me if I had a huge garden full of flowers every room in the house would have a vase of flowers in it!) but whenever I see the flowers in and out the house its strange how I always feel so blessed and happy. Inspired always! What a Creator our God is to design and create all those beautiful flowers!! Thank you God!

To get more of this inspiration and to get the scent in the air I was on my hands and knees late this morning attacking this garden that had indulged itself in too many weeds for too long. Gabbie kept me company and my cat (so cute) sat under me and played with my shirt! I cleared a good bit of the garden and discovered a hare had made various tunnels all through it how amazing! I still have more to do but when it is cleared to perfection and the soil has been made good again I am going to plant lupins, daisies, and poppies and this other flower...I forget its name...but it is tall and pretty!
Lupins and all usually come out around October/November (I am pretty sure) so next year who knows maybe we'll have flowers galore again!

It requires a lot of work but it was fun and its weird the older I am getting (lol and I'm not even that old) but I am getting more into gardening. I've always wanted a beautiful garden when I have my own house and I guess this is me experimenting and designing what I can in the gardens I have :)

So that was a 'garden update!' lawl!

Love Me

p.s I found a wattle tree today on my walk that has branches low to the ground but no flowers yet but when they come! :)

1 comment:

  1. hey bria!
    love your blog and background!! how long have you had it for?
    ~bri

    my blog: briahna-burnett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete