Saturday, August 20, 2011

About my day :)

Hello one and all!

I hope you've all been having a good day whoever reads this and wherever you are!

Today I went shopping with my two sis's, hadn't done it in ages and so it was kinda nice to walk around and shop. We actually went 'dress hunting' but I've discovered its the hardest thing in the world to find a good formal dress! Boy oh boy! In the end I bought a new pair of shoes (they were on sale) and a black pinstriped jacket to go over a dark purple formal dress I already own. So with the two new 'less expensive' items I've created a new look to my purple dress! The purple dress was really expensive as it was from MYERS so it looks really good even though I bought it ages ago...2008 I think...and although I wanted something new or different to wear I kinda got that...without spending too much ;) I've actually lost weight since I bought the purple dress so I reckon it looks better - lol!

For lunch we zoomed over to the Angel Cafe and it was so nice, it used to be a tradition of ours but I dunno...I think we just got too busy and have been too tired to go out the past few months. I ordered a 'Sweet Chili Chicken Pasta' it was soooo yummy! Actually I didn't eat it all, perhaps only a quarter of it but I brought the rest home :) so I've still got it to enjoy!

Don't you love it when you buy a few items and then bring them home with dozen's of outfits in mind using other items you already own? So you create so many new looks but you may have only bought two new items! I also bought a stripy top today with the colours of, cream, red, blue, gold (a different kinda gold) and then paired the top with a jean jacket and an olive green beanie and it looks great! (If you ask my personal opinion lol!) The new shoes I bought are kinda 'Penelope' style and I love that style - if you haven't watched the movie Penelope you should! She has awesome style, its different and I adore different but elegant and flattering!

Ahh...I could go on and on about style, fashion etc! I don't tend to always follow the trend - I may in my own way but I like different items and taking from what I've seen looks good but also keep 'price cautious' at the same time - although I have observed (lol) if you buy say...an expensive skirt (and when I say expensive I mean over one hundred dollars - yah you can faint now - are you back? Okay...) so I'd make sure you think the skirt is worth it! (You can lay buy it) but with the one expensive skirt go out and buy tops that are less expensive but flattering and they must suit the skirt 100% then the tops look expensive and your outfit looks 'good quality' and although you bought the skirt if you buy different tops and coats you can create several different outfits so it is worth it!

I once bought a cardigan and top that wasn't expensive but I matched them closely together going for a grey/charcoal/blue kinda feel and I was talking to my Speech & Drama teacher and she was complimenting my top and she said 'its so hard to find good expensive tops that look good!' I didn't tell her that my top was like $14.95 (something around that) but she thought they were expensive! Lawl!

Anyway I better go before I fill page after page about fashion, what not to get, what to definitely get! And how its completely cool not to always follow the trend because depending on your age 'the trend' is soooo weird! And every single teenager follows it why not be different and stand out?

Better go...

Love Me

1 comment:

  1. exactly! i love clothes too and the different styles you can create with them! those clothes you bought sound really pretty : )
    hope to see you with them on sometime lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete